Do you know how to spot a smishing (SMS phishing) scam?
We've compiled some tips to help you avoid falling victim to smishing scams. Remember that First Harvest will never text you and ask you to respond with personal information.
- Don’t click links from unrecognizable numbers
- Don’t reply, even with a “STOP”
- Delete all suspicious texts
- Keep your device and your apps updated for the latest security features
- Consider adding anti-malware software
- Validate texts that claim to be from a company or government agency
For more information on smishing and other scams, visit https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/how-recognize-and-report-spam-text-messages