First Harvest Credit Union continues to contribute to educational initiatives in meaningful ways by once again implementing our annual scholarship program. Applications are being accepted between February 1, 2024 and April 30, 2024. Eligible students are encouraged to apply for the opportunity to receive a $2,000 scholarship.
Our scholarship program helps bring deserving member students closer to achieving their future endeavors. First Harvest plans to award scholarships to graduating high school seniors who have been formally accepted into an accredited two- or four-year college, university, trade, technical, or business school.
If you are not yet a member, Open Your Account today. Our scholarship program is one of the many benefits of a First Harvest Credit Union membership.
- Applicant must be a First Harvest member in good standing with an account in their name on or before April 30, 2024.
- Must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 and must be verified by a transcript issued within the last six months.
- Must be a member who is a graduating high school senior and has been formally accepted into an accredited two- or four-year college, university, trade, technical, or business school.
- Applicant cannot be an employee, or a family member of an employee at First Harvest Credit Union, First Harvest Investment Solutions, Supervisory Committee, or Board of Directors.
- Submit all required materials either online, by mail, or in person between February 1, 2024 and April 30, 2024.
If any portion is incomplete or not included, your application will not be considered.
- The completed and signed application
- High school transcript (If selected as a recipient, you will be asked to provide an official transcript).
- Teacher Reference form (completed by one of the applicant’s senior year teachers)
- An essay between 500 – 700 words in length answering the question below:
Credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions whose purpose is to serve their members. How can First Harvest better serve their younger members?
Submit Your Application Online:
Before you start the online application, please be prepared to:
- Upload your Transcript and Essay documents
- eSign your application
- Have a parent available to eSign the application
Once you submit your application, the next step is to share the Teacher's Reference link with your teacher and ask them to complete the online “Teacher’s Reference” portion of your submission: FirstHarvestCU.com/Teacher.
Or Submit Your Application By Mail:
- Download and print the Scholarship Application and Teacher’s Reference form
- Complete and sign the Scholarship Application
- Attach your transcript document
- Attach your essay document
- Attach the Teacher’s Reference Form (completed by one of your senior year teachers )
Mail all requited materials to: First Harvest Credit Union, P.O. Box 5530, Deptford, New Jersey 08096, Attn: Marketing Department, or dropped off at any First Harvest Credit Union branch location.